Meeker Sharkey & Hurley is seeking a highly motivated Account Executive for the Commercial Lines department.
- Account Executive provides technical support to Producers (coverage issues, proposal, suspense items, etc.) to help clients and reach agency’s business goals.
- Coordinates pre-renewal meeting or discussion with client to review current coverages using agency approved Schedule of Insurance and obtains updated exposure information.
- Performs review of open claims, loss history in conjunction with Producer, Claims Dept. and carrier.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage selections, recommends additional coverage, policies and/or increased limits including binding or documentation of client rejection of same.
- Prepares complete submissions for market, obtains client signature on all apps, follow up to ensure timely carrier responses, all in conjunction with Producer and using agency standard wording.
- Reviews carrier quotations for accuracy, prepares and presents renewal and new business proposals accurately and using agency standard format.
- Binds renewal and new business coverage with carriers prior to effective date including confirmation or binder to insured using agency standard format.
- Coordinates the issuance of post renewal documents, such as Certificates of Insurance, Auto Id Cards with Quality Manager.
- Handle invoicing for all premium bearing transactions (Agency Bill) and maintains Agency Management System billing screens, or delegates to Quality Manager as needed.
- Explains audit procedures to clients and reviews audits for accuracy immediately upon receipt, or delegates to Quality Manager as needed.
- Responds to clients’ day-to-day service requests accurately and on time, including monitoring items delegated to Quality Manager.
- Follows through on all open activities, documenting Agency Management System properly.
- Verifies accuracy of cancellations, taking corrective action when necessary, uses agency credit and collection policies on all transactions, reviews walk-in payments.
- Visits appropriate clients in person.
- Manage and develop carrier/Underwriter relationships with major carriers: Chubb, Hartford, Selective, Travelers, Philadelphia, CNA.
- In force current and valid New Jersey Property & Casualty Insurance License
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org