A host of insurance surveys indicate that tens of millions of US households have insurance policies that are seriously out-of-date. As a result, the following questions should be asked. If the answer to one or more of these questions is yes, you should contact us as soon as possible so that your insurance policies can be appropriately updated.
- Have you recently started a home-based business? If so, this loss exposure may not be adequately protected.
- Has your house undergone major renovations or improvements? If so, your home may be underinsured.
- Has your marital status changed? If you have recently gotten married, for example, you may now qualify for a multi-car discount on your auto insurance.
- Have you recently purchased new valuables or collectibles? If so, you may be seriously underinsured for these items. Specialty policies or endorsements can properly cover them.
- Are you now participating in a carpool? If so, your exposure to injuring passengers has grown and your liability limits may need to be increased.
- Are you now retired? If so, your auto insurance premium will likely drop since your annual mileage should decrease.
- Have you added a burglar alarm with central station reporting for your home? If so, you could qualify for a homeowners premium discount.
- Have you updated major heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems? If so, you may qualify for additional discounts under your homeowners policy.